Thursday, November 17, 2011

Shopping on the Cape


Here's the haul:

Claire Murray - West Barnstable, MA


Beautiful things here and the rugs...holy socks! (Thanks, Laura for that one.)
Claire hooks with wool yarn instead of wool strips so I got a small kit to try out...and a catalog because of course I will love it. Of course.


The wonderful lady at Claire Murray told us about a new rug hooking shop that opened nearby so off we went to...

With Hook in Hand - Dennis, MA


Oh, the money I could have spent in this shop. It was a gorgeous shop and the women here were so nice! All I said was I was a new rug hooker from North Carolina and they became my new best friends.

I ended up getting some patterns, some wool scraps and one Americana pattern. I'll do it...one day.



Tumbleweed Quilt Shop - West Barnstable, MA

We started here and I barely made it beyond the first room which was full of Kaffe Fassett fabrics and friends for the hexie quilt. I'm glad I did make it to the other rooms because I hit the mother load of Day of the Dead fabrics...because I love me some happy skellies.


We also ended here because I had to go back and get more skellies for my amiga.





3 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Love all those fabrics you found... and the rug hooking stuff too! I've always wanted to try that.

Probably a good thing that I live a long way from such temping shops tho... *lol*

Nane said...

Makes me want to get my hook out! I love the idea of using yarn and not having to strip first!

black bear cabin said...

wow...what a haul! cant wait to see all of the things you create with these lovelies! :) dont ya just love a good shopping day!