Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Productive Weekend



I've been hoping for one of these for some time now.

A productive weekend.


And it was brought about with the extra-special bonus of spending time with Bonnie in between treks. Between her insane schedule and my slightly less insane (but still nutso) schedule, it's been a hundred years since we had the chance to do actually "put eyeballs on each other".


I've got several deadlines looming over me right now and it was great to hideout in Bonnie's basement with her, Shelby, some tunes and M&Ms.


I stole this photo from Bonnie which shows one of the commission quilts I'm working on. I've got all but the border on it so I can show it to the owner tomorrow. Then I'll have one more just like it to finish before December. (I look so lovely...there really should be a rule...no make up - no
photos.)


Today, we quilted this jelly roll friendly quilt, though I didn't use a jelly roll. It's a gift for a very special young lady. More on that in a couple of weeks.


Finally, we also got this monster quilted. It turned out better than we both thought. The loosely woven, thick Guatemalan fabrics behaved themselves better than we anticipated. This is one of those quilts that should have been done months ago...but, well, you all know how that goes... Life happens, doesn't it?



It was a great couple of days in Quiltville. However, next time, I hope Bonnie and I get to join Miss Shelby - sitting in the cushy chairs, watching NCIS reruns and doing handwork. We'll still invite the M&Ms though.



4 comments:

MJMR said...

Glad your weekend was so productive. :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You did get a LOT done. I'm in love with the scrappy commission piece with the hot pink "boxes" what a great pattern. Shelby, as always, seems to have had the best time... and the best seat in the house!

Nane said...

Good warm up for retreat, now if we could just get someone to bring a long arm to Montreat!!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

It was wonderful! I feel so energized this morning because we DID accomplish SEW MUCH!!!