I feel like this is the mode I am destined to occupy - catching up. Every weeknight for the past two weeks, I have had a meeting or obligation of some sort and every weekend, I have been somewhere. So here I am...catching up again...
So...LAST weekend was spent at Camp Caraway for the NCQSI Board of Directors Retreat.
It was a great weekend where we did a lot of work and a bit of "getting to know you". After a long day full of Board Meeting, we spent Saturday night having show and tell. Most everyone brought their first and their last quilt as well as shared something "non-quilty" about themselves. It was highly entertaining. We're all looking forward to the next Quilt Symposium in June which will be in the Highlands. I'm starting to save my money now!
Wednesday night, Nane, Go Postal, David and I hung quilts at the Yadkin Cultural Arts Center for a new exhibit going through the end of the year. The theme is "Stitching Generations together". I didn't make it to the gallery opening Friday night, but I'm hoping to have time to stop by this week and get some photos. (The one below is one Nane took and I stole from her blog.)

Thursday, Laura and I headed to Richmond to judge the Richmond Quilter's Guild Quilt Show. To my dismay, I left my camera at home so I can't show you any of the gorgeous quilts we got to judge.
Friday, we drive home from Richmond and I went to set up my booth at Flaunt. The Three Amigas each had their own booth and we got to hang out during the pre-party Friday night and then all day on Saturday. Here are a few highlights.
Ginabean and hubster hanging out in their booth. (These are two of the funniest people EVER.)
Shelby got to visit with kb, one of her favorite "aunties".
Seth singing his heart out.
Carrie's booth of beautiful things.
Shelby meets the Lola (the fabulous, glamorous Havanese show dog who's been on TV and everything). Shelby is NOT a fan.
Then we got "devastating news from the shop"....Beef O'Brady's is closing after this weekend. (This is the restaurant right outside the door of Sew Original and where Quiltkeemosabee and I can find our husbands more often than not.) So, the girls all met at Beef's for the last supper. (Sadly, the boys were too far away to make it to Beef's for dinner. They'll just have to have their own memorial service elsewhere...perhaps we'll order them a couple of beers and some hot wings from some lesser place and they sneak onto the patio at the closed Beef's and pretend.)
And today...I played hooky. I have not left the house and have spent the day catching up on commission work.
I am not caught up yet...but this week is promising and next weekend a wide-open canvas. I am giddy with anticipation.
5 comments:
Busy lady, but looks like there are a lot of fun times amidst the busyness.
Yep...we definitely need to meet for coffee!! :)
Wish I could have stayed longer at Flaunt. Who was selling quilt blocks behind the singer???
I read Nane's comment and went back to find a "Singer" as in machine not man, too funny! You are one busy lady, my friend. I had a feeling that Ginabean would have a booth after proclaiming over and over that she wouldn't. I hope Flaunt was successful for everyone involved. Shelby makes me laugh... she could have her own celeb wall full of photos of famous pups she has met.
Hmmm.... "Stitching Generations Together" sounds like a neat show... would love to get there before it closes....
*wandering off to look at my calendar*
:)
Post a Comment