Sunday, October 2, 2011

Catching Up


It seems time really does fly when you're having fun.

Last weekend, my Raleigh Bee came in for our "In-Town" Retreat. As always we had a great time catching up with each other and the crazy things going on in our lives.


Cyndi made the comment that it's nice to be able to say "well, we usually do..." about our get togethers. I'm thankful we make a point to have this weekend every year.

And, as usual, Cyndi inspired me to the point I dropped what I was working on to do a quilt she introduced to me. It is appropriately named.



Also going on last weekend was the Hispanic League Fiesta. The Three Amigas (Mary Lea, Justiann and me) had a booth. I only got a chance to walk down to see how things were doing Saturday afternoon but it sounded like a great time. I'm hoping next year to actually get to hang out in the booth with my amigas.



Then...work, work, work all week. (yes, it's still weird saying work, work, work when I'm hanging out in a quilt shop all week). But...here's a little lesson on why you should take your machine in for annual service. I pulled this gob of thread from behind someone's hook this week. No wonder the poor thing couldn't make a stitch!



Yesterday I met my mother and we walked in the Women's Only 5k Walk & Run. It was also nice to have a little time to catch up with my mom. We may live 40 minutes from each other but weeks will go by without us being able to have time to talk.


It was amazing to see that many women taking over the streets. I'm hoping this will become a tradition for me and my mom. We'll see. Her life is more insane than mine.


And now...we're all caught up!

7 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Sounds like you've been busy but managing to squeeze in some fun time as well!

That nest of thread makes me want to run go clean my machine right now!

:)

MJMR said...

This next week will be just a crazy. Have a safe trip and learn alot. Miss seeing ya (and Shelby, too)

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Good to "hear your voice" again, my friend . . . .

Janet O. said...

Lots of good things going on in your life. Beautiful "Swoon" pattern!
Nice that you could do the 5k with your Mom.

Nane said...

Glad you and your Mom did that walk...and this makes me look forward to Blk Mt and seeing the Raleigh Gals too...not to mention climbing to the overlook!

Unknown said...

I just got that swoon pattern, myself. I want to make it too!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm swooning over "Swoon"... gee, thanks Cyndi!