
I hope so.
After an appointment mix-up (they scheduled me for the morning when in reality the doctor wouldn't be there until afternoon), I made two trips to the Wound Center yesterday...not a big deal really since I live about 3 blocks away. In the first trip, the nurse changed the dressing and said it looked great but she felt the doctor would be doing some things to it in the afternoon that didn't really sound all that pleasant.
So, when I came back in the afternoon, Bonnie came with me in case I was too loopy to drive myself home. We waited for over an hour in the little waiting room - both sewing hexagons. It's so funny how doing a little handwork makes you appear more open and approachable to folks in a waiting room. We had a wonderful conversation with two brothers from Stokes County (where my husband is from).
Finally, I went back to see the doctor. He poked and prodded and that was about it. It's made big improvements since Monday so as long as it doesn't turn red again, I go back in 3 weeks for him to take a look again. In the mean time, I keep it compression wrapped because it seems to like that. (I don't. It's hot and itchy and a pain in the butt to do.)
Instead of Bonnie having to drive a dazed and confused me home to sleep it off, we got to go to Village Tavern for dinner instead. It was early so we beat the crowd. Then I went home and took a nap. Between the heat and the drugs, I'm worn out all the time.
So, here's hoping I'm on the right road and I'll be ready to hike when this weather gives us a break! Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers!
11 comments:
Sounds like good news. Hope you recover soon, Lisa.
Those fish tacos were top notch! I think we should make a habit of this.....of trying food in different places, but let's leave the doctor out of it ;c)
Bonnie
Good thoughts...good thoughs....good thought.
Glad you are heading in the right direction this time--let's hope it sticks!!
Loved the story of the waiting room conversation--Bonnie filled us in on some details. You two could do an oral history of the area from what you learned from the brothers!! I hope someone has written down their stories.
Good news. May your road be straight! :-)
Good news! I've been down and out myself and just played catch up on your blog. Enjoyed! Envious too!
Glad to hear your headed in the right direction. I know the compression bandage is a giant pain in the butt but it really does help (dontcha just hate it when that stuff is true? LOL! I've really enjoyed the pics of your trip -thanks for sharing!
So glad to hear you're healing at last... may there continue to be POSITIVE news each dr's visit... and may the dr's visits be further and further apart!
Geez, you forgot to mention how incredibly handsome the Dr. was!
Keep up the good work on your end and I will keep praying. What a team effort.
Good News, because it won't be long that I will be expecting you on another expedition with me!!
I think you are on the right path now!
Post a Comment