Monday, July 11, 2011

Catching Up


Here are the highlights:

I've been busy but also spending a lot of time on the couch with my leg up...still recouping from the bike wreck. All things seemed to be on the mend until Friday night and then the redness started coming back. So, I'm back on antibiotics. I'm hoping things will get back on the right track in the next couple of days...got big plans next week.

I thought I'd share the view I have a lot of the time that I'm on the couch. When she's not on her bed, she's on the back of the couch. I love these little feet.


Miss Shelby is now on a special diet. It seems her delicate little tummy can't handle all the treats (and I mean table food when I say treats) that she wants. As her Aunt Laura would say "she's been overserved". So, no more people food, no more milk bones, no more fun stuff for her. It hurts us both because this look just kills me.



One day Karen and I went to Joann's to look for a skirt
pattern and ended up getting a dog bed pattern. Miss Girl has deemed it her favorite spot after a few days of ignoring it. Have I mentioned, she's rotten?


I did get one project finished while laying on the couch. This quilt's been basted for - oh - 3 years. It's about king sized...and pretty much all looks like this.



The first couple days of July, I got to spend in the mountains. Shelby and I got to spend some time with KB and Roscoe at Beech Mountain. I brought lots of sewing but ended up spending most of the time sitting on the screened porch doing hand work and hanging out. We did get a couple of walks in. Here's the view from the bottom of a ski slope near the house.


And Roscoe, enjoying the heat. He's a big, handsome boy but Shelby is definitely the alpha dog in this pack.


Last weekend, Bonnie, Karen and I had a two-day sew retreat in Karen's studio. It wasn't supposed to be a two day retreat but good things happen sometimes and we had a blast. These women make me laugh and that's always a good thing. We were so productive but I can't show you what I was working on quite yet. Since I can't show you what I did, here's a picture of Shelby with her own Creature Comforts bed. She loved it and rarely moved from this spot for 2 days. Don't you love the "bed head" do?!


And, finally, this weekend, Mrs. Goodneedle and I traveled to Asheville to meet Nancy Near Philadelphia. We've been looking forward to this weekend for months and it was all that we expected. We had a wonderful visit including lunch and a trip to Asheville Cotton Co. Here we are with the beautiful bags Nancy made for us and of course, they are stuffed full of fabric. It was sad to part with Nancy at the end of the visit but hopefully our paths will cross again.


7 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Wow... you've been very busy... and I really didn't need to know about the Asheville Cotton Co. *lol* Good thing it's 4 hrs away or I'd be in big trouble!

Karen P. said...

Miss Shelby surely is a spoiled one. But I see what you you mean about that cuteness, how can you help but spoil her. Love her bed.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Take care of that leg, my friend... and just think, if it's slowing you down you still have accomplished more in the last few weeks than most mere mortals!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

You probably get tired of hearing me say this, but I LOVE that little dog!! :) She looks fabo on her new bed. We'll get around to the skirt eventually...

Sending good vibes and prayers for a speedy healing on your leg injury!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Still grinning, Near Lexington, en route to Philadelphia . . . . .

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

That last picture has three of my mostest favoritest people in it! I'm so glad you did get together this time!!

Take care of that leg...I'm headed home friday, we need to catch up!!

Hugs -
Bonnie

Carrie P. said...

Oh, cute bed Miss Shelby has now. So that is where Miss KB hangs out in the mountains. Very pretty.