Yesterday, I picked out fabric to make a yoga bag. It's a free pattern on Amy Butler's website. (If I'd known that last Friday, it would have saved me a LOT of money. You'll see why in a second.)

I've had the middle of this little quilt together for a couple of weeks and today finally got the borders on, quilted it and got the binding done. It even has a sleeve on the back. Here's Shelby giving it a little perspective - it's a wee little quilt but perfect to try out English Paper Piecing.

Last Friday, I was planning on spending the day at home sewing but I went to Walgreens to get Epsom salt for my leg boo-boo and four hours later made it back home. I turned right instead of left out of Walgreens and saw the "sale" sign still out at Gaia (45 minutes later I was a bit poorer...it'll be Cheerios for dinner for a while). While at Gaia, Karen called and we went to Nawab for lunch. While there I remembered I needed to go to Karen Gray Design because she had that yoga bag pattern I needed so we went there after lunch. While I egged Karen on by telling her "Carpe Fabric" I heeded my own "advice" and carpeed this very cool frog fabric...and everything that went with it. I have two aunts who love frogs and I knew they had to have quilts made from this fabric.
Here's a close up of the frog fabric that I could not resist.


Anyway, the pattern is easy and I got it together in just a couple of hours...and I don't "do" bags.

I've had the middle of this little quilt together for a couple of weeks and today finally got the borders on, quilted it and got the binding done. It even has a sleeve on the back. Here's Shelby giving it a little perspective - it's a wee little quilt but perfect to try out English Paper Piecing.

Last Friday, I was planning on spending the day at home sewing but I went to Walgreens to get Epsom salt for my leg boo-boo and four hours later made it back home. I turned right instead of left out of Walgreens and saw the "sale" sign still out at Gaia (45 minutes later I was a bit poorer...it'll be Cheerios for dinner for a while). While at Gaia, Karen called and we went to Nawab for lunch. While there I remembered I needed to go to Karen Gray Design because she had that yoga bag pattern I needed so we went there after lunch. While I egged Karen on by telling her "Carpe Fabric" I heeded my own "advice" and carpeed this very cool frog fabric...and everything that went with it. I have two aunts who love frogs and I knew they had to have quilts made from this fabric.
So tonight, I got one top together and the other top is ready to be sewn into rows.
Here's a close up of the frog fabric that I could not resist.
And finally these little bitty owls were started and finished - one for me, one for Sew Original. They were quick and easy and I laughed the whole time I made them because they are so daggone cute.

So, it's been a very good Friday Night (okay all day) Sew In. But now I'm off to bed - happy to have a few things checked off my list.
Nite, nite!
9 comments:
Wow... you got a LOT done! Congrats!
You have had a most productive day! YAY!!! Love the owls, the frog fabric and your bitty, baby quilt. How is your leg boo-boo, by the way?
You have been one busy gal. I just love the little owls. As you said, sooo cute.
OMG! Great job on everything. What a neat tote bag. Those little owls are precious.
This is my first FNSI, so I was very happy to get something accomplished!!!
I love the frog fabric quilt! Your aunts will be so happy with them :)
Another awesome photo of Miss Shelby...it looks like she's saying "thanks Mom...I love it! It's just my size!"
Poor but happy - and with cute frogs to boot! Love the little quilt. :) blessings, marlene
I can't believe all you accomplished! I absolutely love the little quilt. And those cute little owls! They make me smile.
Lots of sewing going on.
I saw the owl at Sew Original. Too cute.
Karen told me you bought a bunch of the same fabric I just made a wall hanging in. I like the dark sashing.
Love your hexie quilt.
Post a Comment