We arrived early Thursday morning to study the quilts and award the Board Choice ribbon. It was a wonderful quilt in a sea of wonderful quilts.
Friday I took a class from Joyce Becker from Washington state on quick little landscapes. She had lots of great pointers and I had a wonderful time sitting on the back row with new friends, Rachel and Pat. Here's what we left with at the end of the day with great directions on thread painting and adding embellishments.
Here's Rachel's (sans thread painting).
Here's Pat's (sans thread painting).
And here's mine (sans thread painting).
Friday night, Laura, QuiltTeacher and I went to PF Chang's and then invaded The Container Store. We had a blast and were the entertainment for the store staff...I can't imagine why...
On Saturday, I took the Schlepping bag from Janice Pope of Raleigh. You can fit small children in this bag (along with your rotary cutting mat, 24" rulers and about anything else you can think of.
There's also a little tool pouch that velcros to the inside...that takes about 15 minutes to make.
By Saturday night, I was pooped. It was the most I'd been on my feet since the bike wreck. (Here's the short version...last week after three days in class in Charlotte, I drove myself to the urgent care at Presbyterian Hospital. My leg was so angry and infected, they cam close to keeping me overnight...luckily they sent me home after a tetanus shot, a steroid shot, an antibiotic shot, an x-ray, blood tests and after cleaning and dressing my leg. She also prescribed a whooper anti-inflammatory and 3000 mg of antibiotics per day...which is done today - yay. It looks much better now than it did a week ago. I'll spare you the yucky photos though.) Soooo...Saturday night was spent in the hotel room - left leg propped on a chair with a big bag of ice and right foot on a featherweight pedal. (Yes, I'm hard-headed.)
Sunday morning we headed on home and by noon, I was propped up on the couch with Miss Shelby.
All in all, a great time. The best, though, was seeing old friends and making new ones.
And, this quilt by Mary Abbot Williams. Y'all...be still my heart.
7 comments:
Sounds like a good time was had!!
That quilt just takes my breath! blessings, marlene
We did have FUN in the Container Store!!
Your landscapes are beautiful! I'm not brave enough to try that yet. Fun, fun time at classes too it sounds like. Sorry about the leg but hopefully you're on the mend now! So, how was the container store otherwise? There aren't any near us and I see some of their stuff on Clean House so I'm curious!
Cindy
Looks like a fun time and those quilts certainly deserve those ribbons.
Oh my, your leg! I can only imagine. Get better soon.
Sorry the leg has been such an ordeal, it is the worst wound from the littlest crash I have ever seen. Landscapes look nice, its time for me to try something new too. And believe me a trip to the container store is in my future, good thing ya'll wore masks so they will let you back in next time!
Thanks for sharing all the great pictures. Those quilts are absolutely amazing!
Post a Comment