Instead of staying home and cleaning house on Saturday, I went with friends to Woods Mountain to look for wildflowers.
I had to go. It had been too long since I'd been in the woods. I needed that more than I needed a clean house.
Six of us piled in Nane's Explorer. Why is it the more people you pile into a car for a road trip, the more fun it is?
I left the house without my rain gear or my walking stick. At least I remembered to put my boots on and I did have my pack complete with peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Just envision me skipping out the door to the car like a kid going to Disney World.
Giddy.
That's what I'm blaming my forgetfulness on. Sheer giddiness.
And, of course, it rained on us.
Actually, it hailed on us too but that just added to the adventure.
Luckily my friends are more prepared than I am. Pat had an extra pole and she found a rain poncho in her pack. A blue one. I looked like a blue M&M...but I was dry.
We ended up cutting the hike short because the rain set in...along with the thunder and lightening so we headed back.
We did manage to see a few wildflowers...
but mostly we enjoyed the company...
and the laughter...
and the BBQ in Morganton.
That's what matters, right (not the BBQ - everything else).
7 comments:
What a wonderful way to spend the day... with friends, in the woods, and finding wildflowers! Glad you all have such fun...
It all sounds perfect, glad you had fun and found the wildflowers too!
Looks like a beautiful day...that is until the hail came. BBQ - YUM
What beauty you enjoyed! It was definitely worth playing hooky for that.
The food Always matters to me! You did a great job of remembering all those wildflower names. I hear them over and over and they just don't stick with me. I am glad we got out!
Always fun to go to the mountains. I have some of the little white flowers in our woods.
Sounds like a glorious day to me! Whoever doesn't like the rain, has never danced in it!
Post a Comment