Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Quilty Things





Random fun goings on:




Today at Sew Original, I taught six wonderful ladies how to make a quilt from men's old ties (or as Quiltkeemosabe kept saying last week old men's ties).









Yesterday I taught two sisters how to machine quilt over at Karen Gray Design. They took to it like ducks on a junebug. And (big name drop here) I got my own autographed copy of "Quilt Sampler" from Karen. She's on page 58, you know.










And last week, I was American Quilter Society's Blog of the Week! How cool is that?!?!?



I think I'll take the rest of the week off!

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

What a fun and exciting week you're having! Congratulations on being AQS Blog of the Week!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Fun, fun fun!!! No time off though, you're on a roll! :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You're living your dream... pinch yourself, but not TOO hard. :) Congratulations, my friend!

onlymehere said...

Congratulations on the blog of the week! I should take that class and make a quilt out of my son's mission ties! I can't believe how many he's sent home bz people keep giving them to him, amazing! Thanks for stopping by! I'll be posting my friend's new sewing shop in the next week or so as it gets ready to open! I'm so happy for her and I know she'll do really well with it.