Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On a Roll



After getting that 20 year old UFO finished, I finished two more recent projects over the weekend.


Here's a little boy quilt I put together with rocket fabric. I'm working on drafting up the pattern and hope to have it done this weekend for the shop. (I know, I photography skills are astounding, aren't they?)



Then, here's one of two Chloe quilts I quilted for Sew Original. Someone else pieced it and did the embroidery so all I had to do was quilt them, send one to the Boone store and bind this one for the Winston store.


Shelby is doing her usual quality control inspection.



On another wonderful note, my best friend from high school was in town and we had an evening to catch up. She lives on Cape Cod and though we're in touch on at least a monthly basis (the wonders of texting and Facebook), we haven't seen each other in a couple years.


So what did we do with our evening?


Drank coffee at Panera

Ate too much Italian food for dinner

Went to Target and bought socks


Don't you love friendships that just pick up where they left off?




5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Lots if happiness and quilt-goodness going on here. I love "Rocket Man"!

I know that Shelby holds your workmanship to the highest of standards!

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you two had a great get together.

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to finish up those UFOs?

Nane said...

Shelby probably loves your new vocation and the extra "work" she gets to help with. Glad you got to see your bud too.

Carrie P. said...

How great that you got together for some girl time.
Great quilts.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Oh Group Hug!! This is such a sweet friendship!