Monday, February 28, 2011

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest



I still remember the feeling of walking into the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival for the first time almost 20 years ago. It was nearly enough to make a newbie quilter swoon.


The quilts were incredible.

The vendors were temptation beyond my willpower.


The shear number of people was overwhelming.


It's all still true today except I do have a bit more willpower and the masses of people has become more like a family reunion.


Today I'll share a few of my favorite quilts. I'd be hard-pressed to pick a very favorite.


The cleverness of quilters just amazes me.

5 comments:

Nane said...

Now its fun to wait and see which of these we will see in future publications!

Teresa said...

I didn't get to go this year and the pictures you share are marvelous. Thanks for sharing.

Irene Onderweegs said...

Hard to pick a favorite!?!?
Nah, what about the same bleu quilt twice ;^).
Love from Amsterdam, Irene

altar ego said...

I remember feeling that way the first time I went to the AQS show in Paducah. I took so many pictures of so many extraordinary quilts. And the stories behind some of them were amazing. The quilts you've shared here are equally fabulous. Love the first one in particular, but they are all incredible.

Carrie P. said...

Wowee! those are awesome. I really like the first two. I have not been to Mid Atlantic yet. Maybe one day.