Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Kind of Training

Friday and Saturday this week was spent in Staff Training at Sew Original. The shop was closed and we were all locked in there.
'

Yes, go ahead...torture me by locking me in a quilt shop with a bunch of crazy women.

'
We got a lot done and had a big ol' time in the process.
'
Everyone pitched in to recover the design walls in the class room. (They're up. They look great. No one got hurt. yay!)
'
'
We worked on shop samples. Shirley finished this tepee. Is that not the cutest thing ever?
'
'
On Saturday, Shelby got to join us for the day. She had a big time being spoiled by everyone. She especially likes Miss Muriel. Bribery by Cool Whip may have something to do with it.
'
What training did I do?
'
Miss Mellie got to meet this Bernina 820. I tried it with and without the stitch regulator. Because I've quilted, oh, a few hundred quilts without a BSR, it was hard for me to get used to it. So, I took it off. But, for someone just beginning to do free motion quilting, the BSR is a dream come true. I have a feeling when we put this maching on a quilting stand, the BSR will be a must for me too.
'
Either way, after spending two days with this machine, I'm the spoiled one, not Shelby.


4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Two days locked in a quilt shop with a bunch of quilty women? Sounds like BIG fun to me... and looks like all of you did too!

Yea! ....for Shelby getting to go along and share the fun!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It took a long time for me to get used to the BSR too, but once I did... I was SOLD! It took nothing more than practice time to re-educate my brain to allow the machine to take over sensing the movements under the needle.

Looks like a fun weekend; oh, and by the way, Auntie "M" is every puppy's best friend!

Nane said...

Oh I love the teepee, Zorro might like one to hide his potty in so he can have some privacy when we are up their quilting!!

Carrie P. said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
What a busy day you all had. Yes, that teepee is cute.