Saturday, February 19, 2011

Friday Night Sew In, Etc.


I got a late start on FNSI but it was for a good cause. We stopped by a wonderful art gallery in our neighborhood that was hosting an event benefiting Aids Care Services. My friend Wendy had a few of her wonderful dolls there. I especially love this one. Isn't she the cutest?! (The doll..not Wendy...though Wendy is very cute herself.)

Once I got home, I fixed some tea and started the sew fest. I'm making my own string pieced tie wall quilt for a shop sample. I'm planning on teaching it at Sew Original. I was able to get all the blocks pieced and then this evening got the top together except for the border. I'll post a picture of that when it's really done.

In the meantime, though, I have been busy playing at the shop with one of these.


This is what I did today - my first ever machine embroidery. (Ignore the stabilizer behind it that I haven't completely torn away.)


All I can say is...oh no...I drank the Kool Aid.

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

The doll is adorable. She does a nice job.

I can understand why you drank the Kool Aid. That looks beautiful.

Impera Magna said...

Wendy's doll is fabulous! What talent!

I keep looking at the embroidery machines but refuse to drink the Kool-Aid! *lol*

GeeMa said...

Lovely border design. Can't wait to see how you combine it with your quilts.

Carrie P. said...

I guess using that machine can be addicting!
Can't wait to see your tie quilt.
Yes, the doll is cute.

Nicole said...

The doll is just darling.

Mama said...

Love the doll; does she make others as well? I'm also anxious to see the work you do with the ties. Very interesting!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Very cute doll - and yes, Wendy is cute too. :) blessings, marlene

Nane said...

Maybe my new neice Greyson and I will take the tie class. She has a bunch of ties from both Grandpa's and I think she would enjoy learning to make a quilt!