Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June Finishes

The good thing about sitting home all weekend with a sore jaw is in between naps, I got a lot of binding done. At retreat, I started two brick quilts for my nephews. My mom has a room set up for them and no quilts on the twin beds. Well, we can have that, can we?





Then, I got the binding on this Yellow Brick Road quilt made from fabrics I got at Plain & Simple a hundred years ago. There's Shelby getting ready to test out my work.



Then, when I felt I could operate machinery again (vicodin doesn't knock me out but it does make me a bit loopy), I quilted and bound a preemie quilt.


Last week, Laura and I took Gina's Gum Drop Pillow class at Karen Gray Designs. It was great fun and a lot easier than I thought. I'm giving Gina all the credit for that. We got our pillows together in class and I got mine stuffed that night and promptly put my feet up.


I like it so much, I made another one tonight. I like it even better.


Finally, I got my donkey framed so it's finally finished. I splurged on museum glass because this will be my one and only pictorial rug. If teacher Karen hadn't been there to hold my hand, this would have been one funny looking donkey.

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Well, I am impressed! Two footstool pillows a pile of bricks and a donkey, all in one month (while under the influence?)... way to go, my friend! You amaze me... I want to make some gumdrops too!!

Nane said...

Maybe we all need to take a little vicodin if it makes us this productive.....

Nane said...

And I think I will need a gumdrop pillow for my rocking chair!

Carrie P. said...

Wow, some great finishes. You might have come up with a very interesting quilt design while you were drugged. lol
I wish my elbow would get better so I could try my hand at rug hooking. Well, done!
Enjoy your 4th. I am especially enjoying this cool weather. Went to the farmers market at the fair grounds this morning. Lots of great goodies.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Good heavens you've been working girl! I can't keep up with you - all the work you do. :) I love those gumdrop pillows - first time I've seen them. What did you stiff them with? blessings, marlene