Thursday, June 24, 2010

Am I Too Old for the Tooth Fairy to Visit?


This morning started off with me at the oral surgeon's office having a tooth extracted and an implant put in its place. Yes, fun times indeed!

All is well. I've spent a wonderful day on the couch with Shelby watching NCIS reruns in a vicodin-induced stupor - bag of frozen peas strapped to my jaw. (Go ahead - sing it - "I feel pretty! Oh so pretty!")

I think you should never be too old for the tooth fairy to visit. Instead of a quarter (which was the going rate last time she paid me a visit), I think she should bring me a fat quarter or two, don't you?

7 comments:

quiltkeemosabe said...

I think the tooth fairy should bring you a whole bunch of fat quarters!!!! Feeling your pain and hope it's all better soon. (did the same sort of thing 1.5 years ago and it still ranks right up there as a really big deal!) Fell better soon!!!!!

onlymehere said...

I agree wholeheartedly! I hope you feel better soon and are up and about.

Needled Mom said...

Oh yeah!!! It is definitely worth a fat quarter or so. Ouch!

Nane said...

Yes fat quarters...and a smoothie or two.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Absolutely!

(and, BTW, the Tooth Fairy pays double for major incidents such as this)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'd say some major yardage is in order, you're never too old expect goodies!

Carrie P. said...

Hope you are feeling much better by now. And yes, fat quarters would make it all better.