Friday, January 15, 2010

Coraling the UFOs

For the past couple of years I've been all about getting my UFO's in check. I have a system. I have a spreadsheet that gives me a percent complete for each project and an over all percent complete. I have charts that show % complete each month so I can see how much progress I make.

I know. Engineer. I can't help myself.

When I started keeping track in May 2007, I had 209 UFO's. I consider something a UFO if it has it's own box or tote bag. Twinkles in my eye do not count but kits do. 209 UFOs in a little bitty house is a storage problem as you can imagine.

So how have I done since May 2007?

I now have 120 UFOs. Not as bad but still...

yikes.

Either I need to deal with my UFOs or I need a bigger house.

I'll deal with the UFOs. I don't want to clean a bigger house. (I don't like to clean my little bitty house. I like to quilt. It's a vicious circle.)

With that in mind, I joined Peg and Kris in their OPAM group. I'll be listing my finishes there on my side bar. It'll be fun to see.

I get to add two tonight.

First, my little angel rug which I finished a couple of nights ago.


Second, my insane sampler quilt. I'm REALLY glad to get this one off the UFO list.


So what next?

Basting. I have lots of basting to do.

See?

There are 25 quilts there waiting patiently. Who's up for a basting party?

What? No takers?

Come on! It'll be fun. I'll bring the band-aids.

8 comments:

Nane said...

Wow that sampler is pretty...maybe we will see it in the quilt show! Sorry not up for a basting party, but when my space gets done I am sure you will have another 2 ready and we can get them done there!

Nane said...

I meant to type 25!

Nane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlene said...

Love the rug - it's adorable. Nearly Insane would definitely drive me completely insane - applause, applause for you. I'd love to come to your basting party but ..... LOL

Have fun!

Kat said...

DAHAHAHHA a spreadsheet with percents complete???? You might be my new favoritest quilter. That's so hilariously brilliant.

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Sampler is GORGEOUS!! Love the angel too...can't believe you have so many tops ready to baste! Sounds like it's time for an in-town retreat... :)

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I'm trying to finish up UFOs, too. Last time I counted there were 52 but that was a couple of years ago. Some have finished but I imagine more have been added. I don't think I'm going to make another spreadsheet, but just keep trying.

black bear cabin said...

Okay, so i missed this post...and all i have to say is WOW! I cant believe how many UFO's you have...and i thought my 10 were a lot :)
Guess i better get to it...your post is inspiring!