Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Usually my New Year's Celebration is spent either at home or at my parent's beach house listening to the men folk snore the New Year in. This year we went a different route.

A couple of weeks or so ago I get a challenge (uh, email) from Gina. She wants to know if we will join her for the "Running of the Lights" at Tanglewood where the Festival of Lights is held every year. At midnight New Year's Eve the "race" begins - a 3.2 run/walk through the light show. We walked. I don't run. Even in my younger, thinner days I refused to run.

It was cold. It was foggy and misty. It was dark. It was a blast.

Thanks to Gina for getting us out to ring in the New Year in a healthy, wacky, memorable way!

Happy New Year to all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a great time! Thanks for coming out and doing it! Next year I'll bring some KK!

MJMR said...

I did not know about the New Years Tanglewood Run. What a great(fun) way to ring (run) in the new year.

Nane said...

Wish I had been in town so I could have joined you!

Julie Wagoner said...

I did not know about this run either! Sounds like a blast! Well, as long as it doesn't require actual running (which I don't do either.) :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Awesome! Lookin' GOOD!!