Anyway, shortly after joining that big guild, I signed up to join a bee. This is where I see God's hand nudging me where I belong because "luck of the draw" sent me to a stranger's house to "bee". Almost 20 years later, we are still friends. Even though a couple of us have moved away, we still meet for retreats and Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival and Christmas dinner. We started calling ourselves The Eating Bee because that seemed to be all we did for a while...get together to eat...
And that's what we did last night. We met in the middle (sort of) between our 3 parts of the state and had our Christmas party. (I know. It's January but it's actually early for us. A couple of years ago, we had our Christmas dinner at our Black Mountain retreat in May. Just think of it as us doing our best to keep Christmas in our hearts all through the year.)

We have a great meal at Bonefish. We catch up on the big things and little things going on in our lives and we play Dirty Santa. (This is where everyone brings a gift, we draw numbers and you either pick from the pile or steal someone else's gift. It's always a laugh and no matter what you end up with, it is always wonderful. I was nice this year and didn't steal the yummy Moda University pattern and fabric squares from Cyndi. And because I was so nice, I got to take home this sweet wall hanging that Tess made.

See...sometimes it does may to be nice.
3 comments:
Reading through your recent posts I see lots of thing accomplished, and so much to keep your hands far from idle throughout the year. That is a rather big pile of basting and you know, I enjoy basting quilts together, so maybe we should talk. I am interested in the Black Mountain retreat place you all go - is it personally owned or can other groups rent it as well? I just love the quilt shop in Black Mountain and its not that far from here.
It sounds like a nice group of quilters. I can definitely see the advantage of a smaller group as so many guild are so big and intimidating.
I love your wonderful Christmas gift.
what a beautiful little quilt...and what fun! sounds like everyone wins in the dirty santa :)
Post a Comment