Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow!

When they call for snow around here, my typical reaction is "I'll believe it when I see it". We haven't had a decent snowfall since the first year I moved here.

Yesterday, we finally got a good snow. We got around 8" - enough to slow everyone down for a bit.


So today was a perfect snow day.

It was Saturday which meant I'm not going to get further behind at work.

We slept in - or at least until 8:00.

I cooked breakfast - because, of course, I was at the grocery store yesterday with all the rest of the panicked and frenzied. (I wasn't either. I have 4 wheel drive and if it came to it, I can walk to the grocery store form my house.)

Shelby and I went for a walk in the snow.

I loved it. She didn't. I wouldn't either if my bare belly was 6 inches from the ground.



Then the snow plows came through and cleared the road so we can go to our Christmas party tonight.

Life is good.

Oh yeah...it's Saturday which means I get to draw a name for my giveaway.

The winner is...Marlene! So, Marlene email your snail mail address to me and I'll send you a little Christmas cheer.

5 comments:

black bear cabin said...

pretty pics of the winter wonderland :)
have fun at your party tonight!

Darlene said...

Cooper says "BRRRR Shelbie"

Beautiful snowfall.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Yea! I'm thrilled to have won. :) I'm sending my address via e-mail. blessings, marlene

Marie said...

Your snow pictures are beautiful. Here in NC when the weathermen started calling for snow, I didn't believe them. They build you up to let you down. Ha! Well, we did get around 3-4 inches. The only part of it that was bad was we have put a metal roof on our house and when the ice formed on top of the snow, it came off the roof in large sheets. One of these sheets fell into our furnace and we were without heat for over 13 hours. Thank goodness for Snuggies we had bought.

Carrie P. said...

I am enjoying the snow too. And our neighbor was so kind to plow our 450 foot steep driveway for us. Yippee!
Congrats to Marlene!