Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Post 201

Yep. I made it to 201 posts. So, to celebrate sticking to something for so long, I think I'll give something away.

I need a good laugh though. Work has me stress out beyond belief. I hope to never again have 15 projects out to bid at on time...15 federally funded projects...15 state regulated projects. It's a lot like the Starship Enterprise...going where no one has gone before. It's scary. It's dark. It's a giant black hole of paperwork, phone calls, contracts and never getting paid. I'm just waiting for the Romulans to vaporize me.



So, to enter my giveaway, leave me a message on this post by this Saturday morning (say...10:00 a.m. EST).

Tell me a funny Christmas story.

Everyone's got at least one.

And I really need a good laugh.

The winner gets my last little Christmas tree wall hanging.

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

We can all use a good laugh, but especially when you are dealing with projects like you are!

A funny story???? I suppose one of the funniest we had was when my grandmother who was an excellent cook made a big boo-boo. She had developed macular degeneration and was legally blind, but loved her cooking (and did an awesome job on it). She made a cherry pie, but used canned kidney beans instead. No one had the heart to say anything about it. She was mortified when she ate a piece.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Not only can I not think of a funny story - I could never top Needled Mom's story! But I do love Christmas wallhangings if that makes a difference. :) When I first saw that picture on your post it scared me - I couldn't figure out what in the world you were going to say! I'm sorry the job is so stressful right now. That sure doesn't help the holidays. blessings, marlene

Ann S said...

Well, I don't deserve to win, as I won the last contest you had...and what a treat I received....

Funny - imagine 35 people ranging from 6 mos to 70+ in a giant wrapping paper fight.

Sweetest - imagine a cute 6 year old blonde (mu Abby) on Christmas morning. Not wanting to open her own presents, but for her Mom (me) to open the one she made for me.

Scariest - imagine your 12 year old nephew in a three wheeler accident and being life flighted (he turned out fine)

Most caring - imagine your "big" brother picking up and carrying your fragile, 110 pound Grandma like a baby to get her in the house out of the bitter cold.

Oddist - imagine enjoying Christmas morning with your 9 mo. old son, second husband, first husband and your daughter.

Saddest - imagine being 5 years old and sick with a tummy ache on Christmas

Sorry about the rambling....

peace!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

I can't think of a story off hand, but I did find a great photo a couple of days ago of my youngest the Christmas he got a guitar...he was about 4 or 5. Picture him in blue jeans and a Santa hat - nothing else - jamming on the guitar in our foyer. Poster child for a redneck holiday... LOL!

(I'm holding onto that one for future curfew enforcement..."Oh yes you will be home by x or THIS is going on FB!")

Nane said...

I woke up in the 8th grade on Christmas morning with the Chicken Pox...but we got an Atari that year so I was fine to stay inside and play. An Atari, I really just dated myself.

Carrie P. said...

I can't really think of anything to funny but 2 years ago when our daughter was 21 we got her a lap top for Christmas and as she was opening it up she just couldn't top saying "You got me a lap top." And the saying got louder and more high pitched kind of like one of those funny home videos.