Saturday, December 5, 2009

Candle Tea


I met my mom, two nephews and ex-sister-in-law at Old Salem this afternoon to take the boys to their first Candle Tea. Growing up, this was an annual event for my mom, my brother and me. The line is always long but it is worth the wait. Lucky for the rest of the party, I came over early and stood in line. They arrived as I was standing at the door to go inside...which made it a lot easier for us (imagine a 6 year old boy and a 10 year boy standing in line in the cold rain for 45 minutes - not pretty).

If you're in the Salem area the first two weekends in December, put the Candle Tea on your "must do" list. If this doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit, nothing will.

1 comment:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

This sounds a lovely thing to do. We're about an hour south of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, another heavily Moravian community, and we went up there one year to experience their Christmas lights and traditions. You've made me think about going again!