Usually Friday is my day off. Today, however, I had to come into work because we have a major deadline next week and I have a lot to do before then. (Most likely, I will be here all weekend.) Before I came in, I had a few errands to run. Whenever possible, especially after a week like this one where I am away from home so much, I take Shelby with me wherever I go. I've taken her everywhere since she was a wee puppy (at 6 pounds, she's still a wee girl). She is very well behaved...usually. (The usually is destroyed whenever she comes into contact with a couple of the guys in my office...then she goes nuts because she loves them.)
This morning as a ran my errands, I noticed something.
Shelby is a people whisperer.
Standing in line at City Hall to pay a bill - she charms all three clerks and all the customers in line..just by calmly observing them as she is tucked in my arm waiting our turn.
Walking up the street with her tucked under my arm, people driving by, wave and smile.
People rushing to work stop to pet her and ask her name and tell her she's beautiful.
The guys painting the lobby in our building stop and smile and say good morning...instead of just trying to hug the wall so I can get to the elevator.
Frowns disappear and turn into smiles.
Laughs bubble out.
Conversations ensue.
People become approachable and warm and friendly.
Their day is brighter.
My day is brighter.
All because a little fur ball calmly whispers to them with those big brown eyes...
All is well.

10 comments:
what a little flirt :)
...she made me smile!
seriously...sometimes I click on your blog just to see her in that little red wagon! She is a people whisperer
:)
She is a sweet little girl. You know I always have to pet her when I go by at guild meetings.
Yes...she does it with those eyes..
She IS truly adorable!!
Yes, she is a charmer.
Awww how sweet is she!!
I think we could all use a little Shelby in our lives.
I can kinda relate...only being a Pug person, people see my dog and laugh...I mean honestly, they just start laughing at that little wrinkled-up, flat nosed, stout dog. Fudge ain't no beauty queen like pretty Miss Shelby.
Post a Comment