Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm a Busy Little Bee



Do you ever get the feeling you're going to meet yourself coming down the hall one day?


That's me this week.


I'm not complaining. It's actually a lot of fun...but yikes.



Here's what I've got this week:


1. Write and submit bid packages for 10 federally funded projects – half way there, can I do 5 more in a half day tomorrow...uhhh



2. Hold a pre-bid meeting for one federally funded project – done – one guy showed up from Georgia, we had a nice visit.



3. Bully 15 engineers from around the state to submit their white papers to me for the American Water Works Association annual conference or else I’ll knock them off the agenda (which means I’d have to find more engineers to write papers) – so far I have one paper...I'm hoping they'll all come screeching on the deadline...that's what's I'd do if I had to write a paper right now.


4. Go to Newland, NC with Laura and judge the Avery County Fair quilts – done, judged the quilts, needlework and a few other things. Met some wonderful people, overate at the Dan'l Boone Inn in Boone (of course) and spent a lovely evening at the Holiday Inn Express.


5. Go to Concord with Laura and judge the Cabarrus County Fair quilts – did that this morning and had a blast – met more wonderful people including some very well organized fair volunteers, had fantastic BBQ for lunch and we got paid – SWEET!


6. Find out if the Guilford County Fire Marshall likes my fire protection plan for the CHB campus – we’ve played phone tag all week, right now, I’m it.


7. Go to Greensboro with Laura and judge the Central Carolina Fair quilts – tomorrow morning and if the last two fairs are any indication, we’ll have a blast and meet wonderful people.



Whew!



Are you tired? I am. I must be. I just discovered that when I sealed the last four bid packages, I dated them 9/3/05.


2005?



Well, at least I spelled my name right.



I think.



Better go check.



Yikes.



6 comments:

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Girl, I feel your pain. I ran out of the house with two different shoes on Tuesday! At least it was just going out to eat and taking J to Scouts. But still!

(pass the oxygen please!)

:-)

BTW, way cool on the judging stuff!! Can't wait to hear the details!

Unknown said...

SHEW! That made me tired.

black bear cabin said...

let me know how everything goes...ill be napping :)

Quilting Memories said...

Glad I was sitting down when I was reading your blog....all that work made me tired....Remember the old saying: All work and no play...makes for one tired lady....well that's what I think it says! LOL

Carrie P. said...

I don't know if you make a very good bully!LOL
How exciting to be a judge and see so many quilts. Those were some long days I am sure.

Nane said...

Wow thats a lot of judging gigs, guess all that slave labor in Oh is paying off. Good Deal