Breathe in... breathe out...
Here's a few images from the week:
The company truck after my husband took it for a spin (or swim) in Juniper Swamp.

A cool quilt at the Cabarrus County Fair. I am loving the rick rack vine in the border.

A gorgeous round robin quilt at the Avery County Fair. (yeah, I know it's sideways)

Beautiful dahlias at the Avery County Fair. Now this would be a tough judging gig.

A most unusual little pumpkin at the Avery County Fair. It was all I could do not to pick him up and take him home.

My rotten dog begging for watermelon and my mother caving in.

My dad rottening his grandsons at Toy-R-Us in Wilmington. That little guy in the camo t-shirt turned 6 today. For their birthdays, in lieu of a party, my dad takes them to Toys-R-Us and they get to fill up a cart. I don't know who has more fun, the boys or my dad.

One of the two quilt tops I finished last week at the beach with the family. It's the Quilt for Miss Melly that Nancy Near Philadelphia organized as a swap. I received my blocks last week and couldn't wait to put it together.

(By the way...that place right there...the house by the beach...that's why I'm rotten...also my dad's handy work.)
It's been a wild and woolly week including the Labor Day weekend at the beach with the whole family but it's been fun. Looking back at these photos, I am grateful.
Rotten like my nephews and my dog...but grateful.
10 comments:
And as our two friends would add----the hens are laying and life is good!!!
So I'm just curious....does your dad let you fill up a shopping cart at a quilt store on your birthday, lol?! What a great time. I'm jealous of your trip to the beach too. Looks like life is good around your place!
How I would love to attend a county fair like the ones you enjoy in your part of the woods! Gorgeous!
What a beautiful quilt, even though it is simply a nine-patch, I love it.
Strange question...does your dog have any trouble with watermellon? I gave my large dogs about a very small bite of watermellon each 4th of July and they both up-chucked a short while later. No more watermellon for them.
It sounds like you had an awesome time with your family :) priceless!
blessings,
debbie
That has got to be the "strangest" pumpkin or what ever I ever saw--it actually looks like it has peanuts in the shells growing out of it to cover it--great picture--glad you had so much fun--hugs, just, Di
Loved the pics!!
I would take a beach house over a basket full of toys...but I wonder what I would have chosen at 6! I know he has fun doing that for them.
Love the quilt
Aren't fairs fun?! I don't go for the rides or the food, just the displays. So fun to look at.
This post is pure heaven; all the joys that surround you recognized and enjoyed by your precious, grateful heart. Love that quilt top you did, by the way. Way to go, Judge! ;)
wow...all kinds of fun stuff going on with you :)
did you return the car covered in mud like that or did they make you wash it :)
i love those quilts at the show...and those flowers were stunning! I would love to see some close up photos of those!
What a treat to go to toys r us and fill a shopping cart...i did that for jordyns birthday in July (cant remember the last time i was at a toys r us...i had a blast!) I imagine the boys had an absolute ball...and what fond memories grandpa created!
As for your quilt...very pretty...how big is it?
thanks for sharing all the fun youve been up to!
Now...get some rest :)
Post a Comment