After my mom and I arrived on Friday around noon, we all packed up and headed for the beach. It was a beautiful day and the wind was up so it wasn't too hot. It was nice just to sit back in a beach chair and talk and laugh.

After a wonderful meal at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro, we went home and had a virtual baby shower for our cousin in San Francisco who was unable to make the trip.

The next day, we ventured to the historic downtown Fernandina Beach where the annual Shrimp Festival was in full swing. Arts, crafts, antiques...a full blown festival, funnel cakes and all. We wandered the streets, taking it all in until I got sidetracked by a shop called The Gauzeway where I spent WAY too much money on clothes.

That evening we went to another wonderful restaurant, Beech Street Grill and surprised my cousin Shelley with a birthday celebration. (We won't say which one since she and I are the same age.)


After a little side trip to Sliders Tiki Bar by the beach, we headed home where we stayed up too late laughing hysterically.

That's all I'm going to tell because the mantra for the weekend was "What happens with the women, stays with the women"!
2 comments:
I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time! I had to laugh thinking about you going from Summerville to Fernandina. My very good friend who lives in Summerville now used to live in Fernandina Beach! You look wonderful, and I definitely see a family resemblance. I hope you have more reunions such as this one, they're good for the soul.
Fernandina is where a lot of my south Georgia family vacations. I know you all had a blast and the memories are there forever! Maybe it will become an annual event like my Sisters weekend.
Post a Comment