Thursday, May 28, 2009

Motivation

I have too much going on at work to take a day off and sit in a "Get Motivated" seminar all day. I REALLY did not want to go. I have huge deadlines and need to be in the office.

But when the Prez wants the whole office to go to "Get Motivated", we go.

No matter how much whining, we have to go.

In my bosses words, "if I have to go, you have to go."

So we went.

And yes, we had to listen to a lot of sales pitches for investment tips and motivation books, etc.

And yes, the whole time I was there, I was thinking about the plans piling up on my desk that I would have to deal with today (which I did and it was painful but it got done).

But...

I got to be in the same room with this guy, which is pretty cool even if you don't agree with all his politics.


And I got to be in the same room with this guy and...

as a former pilot (small planes at small airports), I find him fascinating because he did this

and is humble about it.

5 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Two great men .... just love Sully. Isn't he the greatest?

Tipper said...

Wow-aren't you glad you went-even if it was by force : )

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Wow -- what a treat! And to get paid for it!

Carrie P. said...

Wow, what an interesting meeting that must have been with those guys there.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I wish I could have been a fly on that wall!