Friday, May 22, 2009

Before I Forget

Because that's why I started this blog in the first place...because I forget when things happen and I don't want to forget all the good, fun, funny, weird things that happen. So this week:

I got together with two great high school friends (four, if you count Tina calling in and talking to us on speaker phone because half the people in her house were sick and she didn't want to spread the love.) We met for dinner at Pam's parent's house, which though it is a different house, is still the best hang-out places in the world. Her dad grilled out and we all gathered around the kitchen table telling old stories. There's nothing like old friends.



I spent a wonderful morning rug hooking with kb at her kitchen table with Roscoe, the 65 pound foxhound, hiding from Shelby, the 6 pound boss-lady. We finished off with the best pimento cheese sandwiches and strawberries on the patio. That is the life right there!

Then on Sunday, the guinea pig gathering. A group of us are supporting our favorite teacher and helping her get her next big class ready for the real world and having a blast in the process.

Then Sunday night, we had our Dinner for Eight gathering. Eight folks from church get together for dinner either at someone's house or in a restaurant. This time we were at J&J's home and did a potluck. The food was great but the conversation and the laughter was exquisite.

Then...back to work. Monday was an 18-hour day, getting home at 3 a.m. and then back on the road the next morning. I hit the wall on Wednesday and had to sleep it off that afternoon. I am too old for all-nighters. The rest of the week was mighty hectic too so I am glad it is Friday and I'm off work....and off on another adventure.

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Sounds like a busy, and memorable, week. I love the thought of pimento cheese and strawberries on the patio... hmmm... now I'm hungry! Have a wonderful weekend!

Tipper said...

Always fun to spend time with old friends.

Carrie P. said...

Wow, what a busy week. I am definitely too old for all nighters.