Monday, May 26, 2008

UFOs - One Year Later

One year ago today I inventoried all my UFO's. I had 209. Here's where I stand today:

Unstarted quilts - 84
Quilts cut out - 12
Blocks pieced - 5
Blocks appliqued - 2
Quilt top pieced - 3
Borders on - 14
Quilt basted - 7
Quilted - 1
Binding on (but not whipped down) - 1
Quilts complete - 80

I now have 129 UFOs...which is better than 209. I've done pretty good, I think but I've been trying to figure out a way to see the big picture. All these snapshots of where my UFOs are in the process is great but it really doesn't tell me a lot. So, for the upcoming year I'm going to keep up with my UFOs by percent complete. Each stage will be a certain percent complete and I'll take an average to get my over all percent complete. (I know...you're rolling your eyes can muttering, "wow she really is an geek, I mean, engineer. Just bear with me...I can't help myself.)

So...the percent breakdowns are

Unstarted quilts - 0% (duh)
Quilts cut out - 5%
Blocks pieced - 20%
Blocks appliqued - 30%
Quilt top pieced - 40%
Borders on - 60%
Quilt basted - 75%
Quilted - 80%
Binding on (but not whipped down) - 95%
Quilts complete - 100%

I have also added all my rug hooking projects and the LQS Block of the Month that I started a few months ago. I have taken off a few items that I know I will not do and will sell or giveaway. With all that, my May 26, 2008 percent complete is 13.5%.

Frightening, isn't it.

4 comments:

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Not frightening, really, just amazing! I don't think I'll get that much done in my entire lifetime - finished or otherwise!! Let me know if you need to adopt out any of your projects... ;-)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I live with someone who thinks the way you do... in percentages of completion. You done good!!

Nane said...

I think a color coded stacked bar graph by quarter would work great to track your progress. You are doing great, I know it helps a ton to have that fresh and clean sewing space in your home. I am still dreaming of the day....

Unknown said...

WOW did you get a lot done. It's good you have a list. I have a lot of UFO's also most of mine are pieced tops. Sorting them and making a list helps a lot. Good luck with your quilting.