
I wasted no time starting my next little rug project. I finished it tonight. It will go on a little knapsack as soon as I figure out how to attach it.

I did actually do more than rug hook at the quilt retreat. I basted a quilt and I made a bunch of little 7 1/2" reproduction blocks. All of the blocks are different so it's slow going. I'll take pictures of them later on when I'm not sick of looking at them.
Now for the best part... I love going on retreat. But, I also love coming home. I miss Shelby terribly (okay and I miss my husband too but he's not standing at the door doing the happy dance when I walk up the steps).
But...this Sunday when I pulled into the driveway, there was another wonderful gift waiting for me.
My Grandmother's rose bush is blooming.



6 comments:
The roses are beautiful. Glad to hear everyone had a great & productive weekend.
Having your Grandmothers roses is so very special and wonderfully beautiful. Thanks for sharing, I am really missing being home to see our pretty flowers, DD said they are soooooo pretty this year. She has been at the house "tending" them.Hope she takes some pictures,maybe I should ask her too. YEP, that's what I will do.
Have a good evening , J
The rug is grand, the sheep is glorious; though they pale in comparison to the sweetness of those roses in bloom. Hi, Shelby!!
I have to admit, even though Zorro misses me too...his welcome home isn't nearly so animated. He looked up from the couch...took his time stretching, then sauntered over to get his ears scratched. Love the Sheep Napsack!
Hey you! Yup, I'm still alive and reading your blog. Just haven't had time to comment or send you the instruction for mailing a cutting of your grandmothers rose! No, I'm not joking! Where have you been young lady? I haven't seen your fancy little writing on my blog either. Okay. We're even.
First, let me say I love the sheep. I have a think about sheep. When I email the info about taking a cutting I'll also send a photo as an attachment. You'd laugh.
I was writing to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! I know you're the best mommy to Shelby and you deserve recognition. So imagine my surprise when I show up to see Shelby looking stunning (that is an amazing photo) and grandma's rose. How lucky can a girl get! Sometimes life is just too good.
I'm glad you had a wonderful retreat. It sounds as if you were terribly productive. Good for you. I'll write again tomorrow with further instructions (Wow! Almost sound like a mystery weedend!). Always great talking to you and wading though your blog. It's a wonderful place to be. By the way, your work is just beautiful.
Much love,
Suze XO
Hi! Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a sweet message. I came over for a visit here and just love your beautiful rugs! You are very, very talented!
Post a Comment