I finished my rug about midnight last night just as the last chapter of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hollows closed on my CD player. How perfect is that?! Why sort of finished? Well, the next step is to bind the rug and where I find binding a quilt relaxing and therapeutic, binding a rug has not proven to be so serene. It has to be done though so maybe I'll prep it before we take off on our adventure.What adventure, you ask? Well, as if HB and I didn't have enough fun last weekend, we are headed to Mechanicsville, Virginia (Richmond area) for the Virginia Rugfest. (wooo hooo). My SS (Soul Sister) is going too. The three of us together...watch out...hilarity will ensue. SS has been known to make me spit coffee all over my steering wheel and snort out loud in the silence of my office...much to the delight of the guys next door.
HB and I are trying to recruit our quilting friends to the dark side (rug hooking) but so far everyone is holding fast to their quilting stash. I believe SS is dangerously close to the edge of the cliff. I'm hoping the woolen goodies at Rugfest will send her over the edge this weekend so she can join our little rug coven.
5 comments:
You three will have too much fun if I've decoded who is who in this escapade!!!! And I don't want you to realize how close to the "dark side" I could be. A few gentle pushes and I'd probably fall in. The only saving grace is that my DD expressed an interest in rughooking so for the time being all the wool and hooking paraphanalia that I have collected over the years and stored away for someday is now staying at her house, out of temptation's way. Have a great time! We'll want to hear all about it
Your rug is absolutely stunning. It's really something to be proud of! Beautiful...
Oh Yeah...everyone needs a little dark side now and then. When are ya'll teaching?
It's gorgeous! I had to laugh out loud when I ran into your HB and she was grousing over the entry fee at the event and the price if bananas per pound... too funny.
Post a Comment