But first... pardon the lack of space between paragraphs at the end of this post. I do not understand why the spaces aren't there...just Blogger's little practical joke.
First thing to share:
Mrs. Goodneedle was talking about her first quilt book, which she still owns. I searched for mine and was afraid it was long gone after the organizational endeavor. But no! I still have it. It's not really a quilt book but a decor book.
It appears I bought it on sale at Book-A-Million for $19.98. It was 1991 and though I lived in a 510 square foot condo, I had high aspirations for interior decorating. (yes, 510 sf and I lived there for 9 years!) In this book, I found a Sunshine and Shadows quilt and thought..."I could make that"... even though I could not use a sewing machine and had never sewn anything by hand in my life (or machine technically but that's another story). The rest is history...
Anyway, there you have it. I still have my first quilt book...probably because it wasn't in the quilt room when I purged the library.Second thing to share... Lisa Boyer of The Dorky Homemade Look fame gave a photo lesson on her blog the other day. I have now discovered that little flower mode on my camera so I can take close up pictures. Here are some of my pumpkin. (The color still isn't that great but it is late and my house is a cave.)

Third thing to share...
Again from Lisa Boyer (and no, I am NOT stalking her...she is just very full of knowledge this week. Go check her out...she'll take you on a tour of Hawaii. You get to eat hula pie and chase wild chickens.)
On Lisa's blog today, she tagged all her readers to think up a 6-word memoir. Here's mine...at least for now.
"Hands craft tales where words fail."
People that only know me as a guild president/show chair, public speaker, teacher, etc. tend to think I am talkative and out-going. Those that really know me know I don't really talk much. I figure if I am standing up in front of a group, I better be entertaining or smart...so I fake both.
I write more than I talk. Well, I figure if you've made it this far, you want to hear what I have to say.
So, now it's your turn. Consider yourself tagged to write your 6-word memoir.
Final thing to share...
David took this picture of Shelby the other night. We're on the couch and she's hugging one of her favorite toys, a little yellow bug. Sweet baby girl!


3 comments:
You know what? I had a magazine before I had a book, too. Thanks for reminding me! Shelby is pure puppy sweetness, that's for sure. I need to think about the six words.
I wonder if I have a little flower thingy on my camera???!!!! I'll have to look. Thank you for passing that along. And you may not have a lot to say, but it's always worth listening to, spoken or written. And first book?? I'm not sure I remember. It was probably a magazine, though. I remember going to an older woman's home once to learn some sort of needlework and she had a lot of books on all sorts of needlework, something I couldn't afford back then and thinking to myself that someday I wanted to have lots of books too.
Shelby is just too cute. I have no idea what my first quilting book, but I do have some that date back to the 80's that where my mothers. When cleaning out her house after she passed away, IA found lots!! I saved only a few. I must think on my 6 words.
Post a Comment