It's been a good 6 months since then but this afternoon, I finally HAD it. My hair was a mess...too long, too shapeless... an old body wave waving badly damaged hair like a surrender flag. I hate getting my hair cut, which is why for most of my adult life, my hair was looonnngggg.
See...told ya...same haircut, just a LOT longer. How do you like those 1980's big bangs?
So, at 5:00 this afternoon, I called a salon I've never gone to before and asked if they had anyone free to cut my hair. They did. Yes, I know this is dangerous but I'm living on the edge, here. So, I go meet my new stylist who is this petite redhead who had just had her own eyebrows and upper lip waxed (this is a full service salon) so she's a little red. She feels she has to explain her appearance but I recognize the signs... We hit it off. She was funny and didn't make me make all the decisions. I feel so much better and my hair no longer looks like a frizzy mess. Tthe great part is I don't have to spend an hour styling my hair.

And yes... you only get to see the back. I HATE having my picture taken.
4 comments:
Ooooh...your hair looks so nice. All shiny and healthy. I know...I don't like having my picture taken either. For me, it's always a shock how much I look just like my mother...and how much older I am than I feel! Ah well, perhaps cameras will one day just have Photoshop built right into them. Then we could all look like runway models! In pictures, at least...
You look great!!! Ready for spring!
Looks nice! I am looking forward to cutting my pony tail off this Christmas with my neice. It getting too long to deal with!
Aren't you gutsy? Calling someone out of the blue? I'd love to be that fearless. I've followed the same stylist to four shops because she knows me and my hair. I know, that's probably a little over the top... but at least I don't drive from the Capital City to visit the same above-mentioned stylist like my daughter does! Your hair looks great.
Post a Comment