Friday, February 1, 2008

'Twas the Night Before Retreat

...and all through the house, one creature was stirring...me...with Shelby lifting her sleepy head every now and then saying "What the heck are you doing?!"

Tomorrow our bee is off to another adventure. Those that can get away are going to a camp a little over an hour away where we can sew to our little hearts content. To top it all off, there's a wonderful quilt shop on the way and they are having a BIG sale! What could be better?

The problem is I have so many projects going on, I can't decide what to take with me. I could spend the whole weekend catching up on my applique. I could take my great pumpkin and finish the hand embroidery. I could take the quilt that's sitting on my table right now waiting for me to put the rows together. How about the five quilts that need the binding sewn down? And the flannel pumpkin quilt that just needs the applique border finished. OH! And rug hooking, I need to take my rug!

What I really want to do is start one of the multitude of other projects waiting patiently.

And this is how you end up filling up the car so you can't see out the back with enough stuff to last 2 months instead of just 2 days.

But, hey, a girl needs options, right?

I just hope I remember to pack some clothes.

5 comments:

Quilting Memories said...

Clothes would be good, it may get a little chilly , don't you think???? LOL

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm sure you found just the right project to turn your attention to; I'm also sure that Shelby missed you BUNCHES!! I know that I missed being there with all of you... next time!

Nane said...

Ahh to be a dog...no clothes and a bath only once every few weeks!

Suzanne said...

You make me laugh. Oh sweetie, I haven't been here in so long and it's good to be back. I'm always trying to play catch-up now. My blog is getting too big. I don't know what to do. I actually thought about erasing it, but have so many friends I think it would hurt too much. I met a woman on another blog who quilts, but from what I can figure out she knits her pieces. I'm going to introduce the two of you. A quilter is a quilter. I'm not one, but still believe a quilter is a quilter! Right? :)

She's in school and working on her PhD. A smart little cookie and from her comments to my friend, lots of fun too. I think you will like one another. If not, I'll pretend I wasn't involved. Seriously. Her name is Leah, so if she shows up, make an effort! :)

I still think about the glorious quilt you installed at the office. I'll get to my painting of it eventually. I can't seem to find the time to comb my hair let alone think about a painting lately.

Have a wonderful retreat. I've never been on one, but my mother-in-law goes all the time with her women friends. They've been doing it for years. What a wonderful concept. Don't worry about the clothes because I'm certain all quilters think about fabric, not about clothes! You'll all stink equally, so one change of clothing is probably good enough!

Love you dear. Thanks for always stopping by. I'll try to be more regular. Wow, that sounds like I'm constipated. I'll rephrase that. I'll stop by more often. Better.

Much love,
Suzanne

Suzanne said...

P.S. I thought you were one of my links. I looked today and realized you are not! You will be by the time you count to 10.

XO