Monday, February 25, 2008

My Day Off

I have to be at a workshop out of town this Friday so I took today off instead. I am going to really try to use my days off to accomplish stuff (not just languish them away in my fluffy chair). So, I have spent all today working on the presentation for our guild next week on Orgainizing Your Quilting Space. It has taken me literally all day to organize the Powerpoint slides, take more pictures and think big thoughts. I think the presentation will be good. I just hope it's not too long. We may have to practice on someone this weekend to make sure (most likely our poor husbands).

One of the things I found during this process is that I buy stuff I already have but can't find. Well, I can find them now. I will be an old woman before I have to buy another sewing maching needle.

5 comments:

Lisa Boyer said...

Hee hee...too funny! I don't do that with sewing items, but I do it with groceries, especially bread. I have a bread problem. My chest freezer is filled with loaves, buns, pita, tortillas, focaccia, pizza crusts...you name a shape of bread and I have it in my freezer. Trouble is, I hate digging through it all (cold!), so I just buy more! I wonder if I could rubber band my breads together??

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Too, too funny! Now I know where I can come when it's after hours, my LQS is closed, and I break that last needle...

Nane said...

If a needle breaks at retreat...I won't feel so bad asking you for one!!! Can't wait to see the presentation

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I do exactly the same thing. I even buy the same fabrics over and over...lol But you never know when there might be a shortage. Very nice to meet a fellow "retired" twirller....hehehee. I didn't get a tiara....
Regina in MI

Suzanne said...

This post made me laugh way too hard and then the comments made me laugh harder. Lisa is certainly in deep trouble with that "bread thing." My suggestion to her is every time you feel compelled to buy another bread product, do, then drive directly to a homeless shelter and give it away! You'll be surprised how quickly the freezer suddenly has room for your other obsessions. My niece is a phychologist and might be able to help you. Just stop by her office and say "Aunt Suzie sent me." That's good for a few free sessions, but you'll probably have to pay after that because she does have to make a living.

Needles. I'm not a quilter, as you know, but I sew, so have collected quite a number of them, but honey, you have a serious problem! Why don't you just open a shop? I'll give you my thread collection to start the business off properly.

I'll tell you a funny story. I discovered quilting straight pins a number of years ago and LOVE them (they're very sharp however and I'm always in pain when I use them). I have kitties who love to sew with me, and one day left the room briefly only to return to find Mickey carefully removing straight pins from the pin cushion, one at a time, then dropping them on the table. I watched a bit then said "MICKEY!!!" He had no idea I was there, so I practically had to detach him from the ceiling. When I looked at his handy work I couldn't believe he had removed somewhere between 30-40 needles. I lost count at 25! My fault because I'd purchased about 5 containers of the darn things.

XO