The husband of one of our dear quilting buddies and fellow troll sister (we'll call him Mr. H) is a photographer. He and a few other artists have an exhibit that opened tonight in one of the local gallery spaces. Now, I understand photography...I'm not particularly good at it but I know I like it. Mr. H has a wonderful eye for things I do not even see. There was one particular photograph...I believe it was entitled "Delayed". We've all been there in the airport or rail or bus terminal...waiting. What I found so fascinating was: here is a picture of a lot of open space somewhere not very extraordinary...but if you look through Mr. H's eye into this photograph there is so much to see and think about..the reflections from the window in front of him, the reflection of the light through the terminal windows, the two men sitting on the bench (reflecting on the world, maybe?) and the thing that got me...the sign perfectly centered that says "Need Help?"... "Why, yes, I do as a matter of fact! Are you relecting back to me?"
I love it when someone else's work talks to me.
11 hours ago
1 comment:
We can learn so very much, on so many levels, when we take the time to look from another perspective. I'm guilty of being in too much of a hurry, most of the time, to allow that to occur.Thanks for the reminder of what I'm missing.
Post a Comment