
You would think that if you've reached the age of 40 and are on your way to 50 and still have your wisdom teeth, you would get to keep them. Well...not so. Even though they came in perfectly straight oh so many years ago, they are now being little trouble makers. They gotta go.
So, tomorrow they come out. Of course, every one at the office knows why I will be out and have all shared their wonderful wisdom tooth horror stories and advice. Here are the best:
1. I slept all day and then threw up for the next three.
2. Get a pair of panty hose, tie a knot in the crotch, fill the legs with ice and tie them around your head. You'll be fine the next day.
3. I didn't regain feeling in my lower lip for 8 months.
4. I passed out twice just getting the shot to put me under.
5. Don't try to eat a hamburger the next day.
I've heard the panty hose trick from a couple of folks and they swear by it. I have a new pair of hose and a freezer full of ice.
I'm locking the doors and hiding the camera though...
5 comments:
Good luck tomorrow. I hope it goes much better than any one had told you it will. (I still have mine and I'm keeping them until there's no hope of keeping them!!!!)
TMI on the panty hose, hadn't heard that one LOL, It won't be bad, I promise!J
I sailed through it, twice. No worries, you'll be just fine. Anesthesia works wonders.
They used something that looked like my Dad's Craftsman to drill mine out (I trust you are already done when I write this) and fared just fine. Let me know if I can bring you a milkshake from Blue Ridge...for medicinal purposes of course! Shelby will nurse you through!
Good luck tomorrow. You
will soon forget the discomfort. I was lucky enough that I only had 2 wisdom teeth to form (my son only had two also).
Post a Comment