Thursday, October 18, 2007

New Digs


After months of waiting and months of construction, we moved into our new office in the downtown arts district. I was fortunate (or unfortunate) to be the contact person for the upfit of the office. I got to attend the construction meetings, make the hundreds of little decisions that came up during the construction and choose the furniture for the office. It was stressful but fun. The new office space is contemporary and cool. Above is our lobby just after our new furniture arrived. The wall in the background is a 15 foot high rock wall - all hand placed river rock. I love it.


There are lots of cool things about our new office but one of the best things is the upfit for the entire floor was a "green" construction. Special HVAC, plumbing and lighting was installed to promote environmental conservation. Special care was taken so that construction materials were from the most local resources and air quality both during and after construction was carefully protected.
Here is my new office. I am lucky to be right by the skylight and get plenty of natural light. I've been told by one of the construction workers that it sounds wonderful when it rains. I am waiting patiently for a rainy day!


2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Shall we begin the rain dance? The office really is uber-cool; great job, as always, Salem Stitcher!

Nane said...

Love the rock wall...is there still a board room to use for last minute quilting parties?