Saturday, October 13, 2007

Meet Shelby

Shelby is my 2-year-old Shih Tsu and one of the biggest loves of my life. At a mere 6 pounds, she rules the roost and is a constant source of joy.

She is a creature of comfort. If there is something soft, she will lay on it. Piles of fabric are her favorite. This particular day, I was sewing binding on preemie quilts. (Our guild provides quilts for the children's hospital nearby.) I have 60 or so preemie quilts in progress. (We'll talk about my UFO issues later.) On this day, though, I was binding 20+ preemie quilts, which meant cutting off the extra batting. Knowing that Shelby is a lover of fluffy things, I just tossed the batting in the floor. It didn't take long before she started nesting in it. After much scratching, digging and pawing, she lays down for her nap.

I love to quilt and feel most content when in my sewing room on a quilting mission. The presence of this small, sweet little dog magnifies that contentment in ways I never imagined.

And yes, now, there is always batting on my floor.

3 comments:

quiltkeemosabe said...

Shelby is so sweet and deserves all the batting you can toss her way!
Glad you're blogging. I'm reading!!

Nane said...

60 preemie quilts in progress....that would give Pat a run for her money!!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh, Shelby; you are just too precious! Enjoy your "nest".