And that's how I ended up with my little 6' x 8' deck on the backside of the studio. We call it the veranda and it has become a source of great joy.
We have become bird watchers though I need a better camera than my phone.
![]() |
| Nuthatch |
![]() |
| Male goldfinches |
![]() |
| Baby red-bellied woodpecker |
The chipmunks and squirrels are hilarious entertainment. They have their own feeders at the edge of the woods but will still come check out the veranda just in case I dropped a seed or two.
Almost every evening, I get a text from David when he's leaving the office that asks for (or demands depending on how the day has gone) "drinks on the veranda".
So we get to sit and unwind: catch up on the happenings of the day, watch the birds, laugh at the squirrels, ahh over the baby rabbits, hold our breath when the hummingbirds fly around our heads all because of a $100 whim.
Sometimes you just can't imagine how much a door can really open.






1 comment:
I love this; a shared sanctuary for you and your feathered friends.
Post a Comment