Friday, July 24, 2020

COVID Hair and Brain

So, today has not started off as fabulous as it should have. First, we've been awake since 4:45 a.m.  Shelby can't hear the thunder anymore but she can see the lightening.  Maybe that's what woke her up but I thought it was the need to potty...which how we ended up standing in the yard at 4:47 a.m. in the rain.  We have those little solar walkway lights that by the wee hours in the morning have lost their juice and are dark.  While I'm standing there watching Miss Thing find just the right spot, lighting flashes...lighting the sky for just a split second.  That split second lightening flash from 3-4 miles away (because I can't help but count the second between the flash and the boom) was enough to juice all the solar lights to full brightness.  THAT was freaky.  I scooped up Shelby and hightailed it in the house.

No more sleep for me at that point.  Shelby, on the other hand was snoring like a bear in a matter of minutes.  So, I work for a bit until it's time to take her to the groomer because the poor girl has some serious COVID hair.


This photo was Wednesday night.  I was so engrossed in Brothers & Sisters on Hulu (because I am binge watching it like it's my job), I did not notice Shelby had somehow stolen my fork and licked it clean.  Just look at the hair do! 

Back to this morning...so I do some work, get the handful of shipments together so I can drop them in the mailbox, grab my stuff and Shelby and we head to the groomer.  I have three stops...groomer, mailbox at Thruway and Chick-fil-a for my free biscuit (the app...free stuff and no contact payment..yay).  I get back home, start gathering my stuff...where's my wallet? 

I search the car...nothing.  I run into the studio...it's not sitting on the table.  I call the groomer...no it didn't fall out of the car in the parking spot.  I go to Thruway...it's not in the lot at the mailbox.  At this point, I'm convinced I threw it in the mailbox with the packages.  I'm freaking out thinking...do I call the post office?  would they even come open it up for me?  what if it's not in there?  do I have to sit here all day and wait for the post carrier to come pick up the mail and how do I prove it's my wallet?  Am I completely losing my mind?

Then David calls...my wallet is laying on the couch in the studio...where I saw it about 6 a.m.this morning and thought "I need to remember that's where my wallet is".  I never even picked it up.  All that freaking out and I never had it in the first place.  COVID brain. 

So, I get back home and David is sitting in the studio waiting to pat my head and say it'll be okay.  While we're talking, I'm doctoring my Chick-fil-a coffee (which I had left on the studio porch  when I dashed in the first time to look for my wallet...and left, leaving the door unlocked).  I'm opening the little mini moos, pouring the creamer in my coffee and tossing the empty moo in the Chick-fil-a bag...until I start opening the mini moo and pouring the creamer in the bag instead of my coffee.  COVID brain..again...at which point I decided I will do nothing today that needs excessive brain power.  I'm taking the day off.  I will be sitting at my machine sewing quarter square triangles together listening to a no-brainer audiobook.  And there will be a nap once Shelby is home from the groomer.

All this before 9:00 a.m.  This is why I am not a morning person.


No comments: