I've lost my blog mojo. I don't know why. I just have. I think about writing but I don't.
I lost focus on why I started blogging in the first place...which was because I can't remember stuff. Facebook and Instagram make that a little easier but here I can come back and find not only the photos but the feelings and thoughts behind those photos.
So to get me started again, here are the best things since the last time I posted...
David got a new job. An excellent, wonderful job where he doesn't travel out of state as much and he has Fridays off...and a new work truck...and a crew so he's not wandering in the woods by himself with the bears and coyotes and I can sleep a little better at night.
I had a wonderful retreat to Quiltvilla with Bonnie and Mickey...relaxing, fun, inspiring and productive.
I went to Farm Aid with these two crazy ladies and we had the best time ever.

I got to spend time with my high school best friend's older daughter who just move to NC after being stationed in California with the Air Force. I helped her with a special project for her beau who is stationed in Germany with the Air Force but hopefully coming home in a couple of weeks.

I had a booth at Rustic Muse, an art show in Clemmons and had the best time sitting in the tent listening to music, visiting with folks, eating and even selling some stuff. It was the coolest ever.

I spent a week and a half hanging at the beach. I almost didn't come back.

Hattie and I started getting our butts kicked regularly by Whitney. Here we are doing the Turkey Strut 5K on Thanksgiving morning. Happy campers!

Christmas with the family was crazy as usual. Looking at the photos, it looks like something out of a sitcom.
On New Year's Eve we walked the lights at Tanglewood at midnight with good friends and a bunch of other crazy people.

Now that I've started, maybe I'll find that mojo and keep running with it.
It's a new year after all!


4 comments:
Yay, you're back. Looks like a lot happened, can't wait to hear more of your adventures. Have a Happy New Year.
I did the same thing about a year ago. I started my blog to keep a record of my quilts but then thought it was more of a bother... and nobody was reading it anyway. Then someone sent me a note and said I needed to update the content because they were tired of seeing the same old quilt. I realized that somebody was interested in what I was doing. Revelation! Any maybe it will be for you, too, dear friend. You do have readers and we enjoy reading about your life, seeing your work, and admiring Miss Shelby. Looking forward to reading about your 2015.
Glad your back! I miss NC and your blog! Licks to Shelby!
It's nice to have comments I know but I enjoy looking back and am treating my biology now as Wade's scrapbook because I don't know if I have the energy to become a scrapbooker on top of quilting and being a Mommy. But I still read then when I can
Post a Comment