So the last few weeks have been a little tough. As if the holidays aren't hectic enough, throw in the whole kidney stone saga, the dissolution of Sew Sisters LLC and the resurrection of Bear Hug Quiltworks and it's almost more than I can process.
When I get overwhelmed, I want to hide. It's the introvert way. Luckily, I have some great places to hide and I've got friends that understand what it feels like to need to hide.
Like Bonnie...who knew I needed a quiet place to sew a bit, sleep a bit and talk freely or not at all ... so I found a little room to breathe at Quiltvilla where she cooked for me, we visited at the kitchen table and slept in (for us anyway).
Then there's Hattie...a fellow introvert. We walk our puppies around the neighborhood and solve all the problems and about once a week we have breakfast at Cafe Arthur's, the little cafe around the corner from my house. We've become regulars to the point that when we walk in the door, the coffee is already on the way to our table...and there's room to breathe...
Then there's the ultimate place where I find room to breathe...
...which is where Shelby and I are now...taking deep breaths and preparing for good things to come.
(ok...Shelby's just snoring which is soul calming in itself.)
25 minutes ago



3 comments:
My Biscuit (pug) is snoring this morning, too. I've got work to do so I can't sit here too long listening to her melodies. Sorry to hear about Sew Sisters and other tribulations. You are in my thoughts.
We need to schedule a walk and catch up!
I totally understand the "need to hide"... I'm an introvert as well.
I'm glad you got good "go to" friends who help recenter you and hope that lots of positive things come your way from here on...
Post a Comment