Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Poof!

That's what the time has done...again.

Poof!

I've been known to say in the middle of August that "it'll be Christmas before you know it" and see...I was right!

So here I am again summing up almost four months of life in a nutshell.  Some of it's been good...some not so much.

September was a blur...lots of work in the studio with Sew Sisters and some traveling with before Troy...mostly a blur.

October though was just a little crazy.  There was the NC Quilt Symposium Board retreat and a craft show that was more people watching and drinking coffee than selling...which was still fun and there was Fall Market in Houston which was GREAT FUN (and a lot of work but still great fun) and then my fall retreat at Montreat...which is where I started feeling a little poorly....which didn't stop me from going to Richmond with Janice Pope for and After-Market Wholesale Show.  We had a big time.  When you travel alone most of the time, it's fun to travel with someone for a change.  (But, I was still feeling a little off...)

Long story short (because this is the not so much good part) I had a kidney stone.  A few interesting and uncomfortable weeks later and I had surgery Wednesday before Thanksgiving to have the thing removed.  Then there was the recovery...not as much fun as it sounds because for about six days, it was worse than having the kidney stone.  All better now so enough about that!

So here's a few photos from Fall Market. We were so busy that I only saw one row of the quilts. Very sad but it's a good thing to be busy at market.


A new designer for Troy, Kimberly Rado...yummy fabrics!

Troy designer, Karen Combs' booth...love her!

The other side of the Troy booth.  My spot was waaaay down there on the other end.

Alexander Henry booth...I wanted to take these guys home with me.

Having a beer on the deck with Chris, the Nebraska rep was a great way to end the day.

Another new Troy designer, Janine Burke from Blue Underground.  She made both of these quilts in three days...I'm not sure she's human.

Cool bed and pillow at the Frond booth.  
Those strips are laminate fabric sewn down the middle of the strip.  Cool...

Frond booth rep...could she be cuter?  I don't think so.

Windham Fabrics "Farm to Fork" collection...flying pigs...made out of bacon fabric.  
I could barely stand it.

Same designer..."Ninjas Don't Sweat"  
Seriously...

Seriously...can you stand the cuteness?
A ninja octopus for goodness sake.  I'm in love with him.

This display was cracking me up.

This display was just cool...who made all those balls and I hope they got a bonus.

And the awesome Karen Gray.  It's bad when friends have to travel half way across the country to have time to catch up over a couple beers in a bar...(okay, she had wine.  I had beer.)

And this quilt because I like it and wish I had thought of that because I like skulls.

Finally, the view from my room at the Hilton which was wonderful and convenient 
and I hope I get to go back again next year.

So, I'm going to really try to keep up here.  I know...I'll believe it when I see it...but it could happen.  Things are changing every day.



1 comment:

janbland said...

Great pictures from Quilt Market. So inspiring! Sorry to hear that you were not well and glad to hear that you are recovering.