Well, back to NC Quilt Symposium....
Once we got through the ATV trail and discovered the very nice real road that led to the house, everything went smoothly. I owe my very generous friends for allowing us to stay in their wonderful home for the weekend. It was a wonderful place - quiet and peaceful - sitting in the woods on top of a mountain. I REALLY didn't want to leave.
Laura and I are both on the NC Quilt Symposium Board of Directors so we had a few meetings to go to once we check in on campus. I had a few extra meetings because I'm the incoming President...I know...who's big idea was that?
First thing, I had a big surprise. I had entered my Southern Album in the quilt show and got a first place ribbon! I was stunned. Best of all was I got one of their beautiful handmade ribbons.
There are so many great things about Symposium but one of the greatest is seeing quilting friends from all over and meeting new friends. I always come back inspired and recharged. I'm already looking forward to next year!
1 hour ago
.jpg)
9 comments:
Congratulations on your 1st place win! It is a gorgeous ribbon...
Oh, WOW! I'm so proud of you!
Congratulations on your beautiful ribbon.
The homemade ribbon is very cool. Maybe I can come heckle the president at the next symposium!
congrats on the first place ribbon...and you were right...what a beautiful ribbon it is!
Congrats!!! Your quilt is absolutely beautiful, and it's awesome the judges agree.
Congratulations, my friend; well deserved!! :)
Your Southern Album is truly spectacular... (i love your bearrs!) Congratulations on 1st place, especially in that venue. Plus , that ribbon is so lovely, a treasure in itself. Yeah you!
I'm so far behind on blogs...I didnt know about the ribbon!! Congrats!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment