Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Finally A Finish!


It seems like forever since I actually finished something.

This is a little detail. This beautiful couple wanted a simple four-patch quilt for their wedding guests to sign. So, I put together the top for the wedding and then months later got digitals from their photographer to add into the quilt.

Yeah...this means I took the top apart to insert the photos.

I won't be doing THAT again.

I've had to fit in the basting, quilting, binding and sleeving along the way of my upside down life.

But it's finally done.

And I'm still a couple of months before their 1st anniversary.

That's acceptable, right?

Note: Yes, that's Carolina Blue and white (hard to tell with my mad photography skills) which made this even more difficult to complete...me being a red-blooded NC State fan and all.

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, Wow! I can't believe what you went through to make this quilt. I hope they appreciate your efforts. I think that you are within your rights to have taken until the fifth anniversary to finish this!! : )

StitchinByTheLake said...

Done before the first anniversary and gorgeous to boot! I'd say that's going to please the happy couple. :) blessings, marlene

Needled Mom said...

They will love it and you will be so glad that you did all of that.

Nane said...

They will love it, and will be tickled that you added the photos. I would have to grin and bear the Carolina Blue too

GeeMa said...

What a neat idea! It must feel good to complete something. Go Pack!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Oh! I remember you piecing this when we went to the beach on our getaway! SO glad it's done! You've been making progress on LOTSA stuff lately!

Bonnie