I love my friends and I love going on retreat.
But Saturday afternoon...I needed an attitude adjustment.
When you put 20-some women in one room together, sewing, laughing, singing, talking, it gets really loud. Add to that, I was trying to "figure" in my head how to fix the mis-cut I had just done and I was DONE.
I had to go.
Get out.
Skeedaddle.
Before I snapped...not because of one thing but because I was frustrated with my project...it was loud and I needed quiet...I could not answer one more question...not to mention I was still reeling from my sentimental journey on Thursday that continued to roll over me.
I could not fit one more thought into my head.
So I left.
My intention was to get on the Blue Ridge Parkway and head to Craggy Gardens. There's a short little hike there that ends in a phenomenal view. When I got on the parkway, though, it wasn't long before I saw a red warning sign.
Road closed ahead.
So I stopped in at the Folk Art Center and sure enough, the park ranger said no Craggy Gardens for me. Snow and ice had shut that part of the parkway down.
...BUT... I could drive to the road closed sign, park and walk on the Parkway...not something you get to so every day, you know.
So after I watch a guy demoing glass blowing for a bit, I took off for the end of the road. There were a few people there but we were scattered enough that there was solitude to be found.
Once again, on a Blue Ridge Road, I found the peace I needed.
7 comments:
Lovely! The Blue Ridge is my go to day trip local place of peace too. I love going on a cold day in the off season.
Beautiful scenery to calm troubled waters!
I'm completely with you, Sistah! My BFF (best fabric friend) can get kind of loud and giggly on retreat and I can only take so much before I have to take a walk.
My four-footed furbaby always seems to understand when it's quiet time.
What lovely scenery... a perfect fall day... so glad you found the peace and quiet you needed...
Sometimes we just need to get away!!!! Here's a (Hug).
I am the exact way....peace and quiet, especially when I'm trying to figure something! God forbid I should cut something wrong, cuz the next person that squeaks is gonna get it! lol
I'm working backwards down your blog posts, because I've been gone for 10 days too..I've missed so much!
And I understand that feeling about needing to just turn it all off, and go reconnect to myself in solitude...
Love ya!!!!
Post a Comment