Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Glad my Head's Attached...


because I'm afraid I'd lose it.

I have much to share...but I can't find my camera chord to download my photos.

There's photos of my "office". (I say in quotes because it is so surreal to have an office in a quilt shop. How did I get such a blessing?)


There's photos of the cool gadget we found at BU so I can baste quilts again.

There's a photo of Shelby ignoring her Biscuitville bone biscuit.

There's photos of incredible show and tell from last week's $5 block meetings at Sew Original.

There's photos of my DH with his new toy - a monster truck that he can drive on a railroad...which he needs for a job in West Virginia that they can only reach by driving 13 miles on a scenic mountain railroad. You should really see the grin on his face.


There's a picture of the back of someone's van at Ikea that Karen and I saw last Wednesday. The back windows were missing - replaced by white plastic held in place by Hello Kitty duck tape.

Hello Kitty.

It just doesn't get any funnier than that.

Then there's lots of pictures of the insides of a couple of sergers from the tech training I've had for the past two days in Newport News.

You know, a serger is a mechanical ballet.

The last photo is of the serger screws on the floor from the earthquake. My first...and hopefully last earthquake.

There is one photo I can share from last weekend...because Mrs. G took it and shared with everyone. Nane had us over for a sew day. I was a bit under the weather so I didn't get to stay long but it was still wonderful to see everyone and be in Nane's neck of the woods...which is perfection in my opinion.


Photos to follow...I hope.


5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Me too, you're one busy lady these days!

You DO have loads to share, and tales to tell. I can wait.

Hope you're feeling better!

Janet O. said...

Aren't earthquakes unnerving? We live along a fault line and we keep hearing that we are due for a "big one," but the little ones I have experienced over my lifetime will be enough if I never experience another!
You have so much to "show and tell."
Maybe next time.

Nane said...

I can't imagine having a serger all apart and a earthquake messing up everything I laid out....

Hope you are catching up a little!

GeeMa said...

We're glad you have your head attached, too. LOL
Look forward to seeing the photos. Stay well

black bear cabin said...

wow...lots going on over there :) cant wait to see photos of this new truck you are talking about! i bet your hubby is on cloud nine!