Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday, Monday

I used to hate Mondays.


Last Monday as I heard that big diesel truck pulling out of the driveway with my smiling husband behind the wheel off on an adventure for the week, I smiled.


Then I laughed because I was hearing this from my quilt studio where I was busy getting ready for my next adventure.


I thought: "It's Monday.....I'm smiling....bwahhhahhaahaaahaaaa!"


Fast forward to today.


It's Monday again.


I don't hear my husband leave because I am still fast asleep.


I get up, put my hair back in a bandanna, skip the make-up (as usual now), get the coffee and meet Bonnie to head for Pilot Mountain...which is closed for repaving. So off to Hanging Rock we go.


It's Monday. Everyone else is at work. We have the trail to ourselves...and the rock to ourselves.



(Scott Murkin inspired us to walk in the moss. "If you haven't walked barefoot in the moss, you need to re-prioritize.")




Then it's lunch at Duke's in Walnut Cove then home to get cleaned up for the staff meeting.


Then chocolate martinis with Holly and Muriel.


It's Monday.


bwahhhahhhaaahaahaa!

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's so good to hear you smiling out loud!

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Nature hikes and chocolate martinis...doesn't get much better than that! :)

amcwst said...

I really like your Monday's better than mine.

Nane said...

I remeber those days... Glad you all went on over to Hanging Rock!

Kieran said...

It's nice to have a Monday all to yourself.