Over a month ago I made an appointment to view some quilts at the NC Museum of History and yesterday the day finally came! I was so glad to get to share the day with Bonnie because, well, we have fun wherever we go and it's always more fun to share an experience like this will someone who gets just as giddy over old quilts as I do.
We were blessed with a gorgeous spring day so we parked the car and walked to Sitti for lunch, then a little walk down Fayetteville Street. Things have changed a lot since I lived and worked in downtown Raleigh 14 years ago. I'm not sure I'm cool enough to live there now!
'
So, after a brief tour, we headed to the museum to meet the textile curator who led us to the underground. She had all the quilts laid out for us to view. I took lots of pictures, looked up close, speculated and pondered why. They were all so very unique and wonderful.
So, why did I spend a day in the dungeon of the museum? Well, I'm hoping to make something of it. It's time to do something I've always wanted to do, right?
It's time to climb through that window that opened when that door was slammed shut.
Stay tuned...
9 comments:
Very Cool
Ooooo... a MYSTERY! Love that smile on your face... I can just tell you're up to no good!
*lol*
How cool! Can't wait to hear more.
Whatever your plans are, Godspeed!!!!
oooooh, now what are you up to? Can't wait to find out.
heeheeheehee!!!! You go girl!!! Full speed ahead :)
You so did NOT steal that pic from me..it was given freely with abundant love! <3
How come I don't remember that silky star? where was I when that one was unfolded? :c)
Bonnie
I am very curious what you are up to.
What a treat to see all those quilts.
:) You make me smile.
Post a Comment